In the last few years, the rideshare business has exploded with popularity. In fact, for some is a good alternative to have an extra income. But, can you make good money driving with Uber? Is this line of business the best option to generate extra money? Let’s discuss the benefits and downsides. What are the requirements? And how do you start driving with Uber? What do some full-time Uber drivers say about it?
Review: Can you make good money driving with Uber?
Best For: People looking to earn extra money and who want flexible scheduled.
Can you Make Good Money: No
Driving with Uber has multiple benefits and it’s a viable way to bring home extra money. Based on full-time drivers’ experiences driving with Uber, you can sustain your family in a modest way. Certainly, there are downsides, as not every day will be a complete success and I will go into more details further in this article.Earning enough money with Uber will be relative to your needs. In my opinion, it is, if you are looking to earn between $500 and $800 weekly. Of course, like any other self-employed endeavor, you will not have paid vacations or health insurance subsidized by a company.
Driving with Uber is a great idea for people looking to earn fast cash, but not so much as a long-term business. There are other options I consider to be better and it will depend on your expenses, your needs, your goals and where do you see yourself in the future.I believe the best way to earn money long term is building your own online business. An online business can be started with no monetary investment and has the potential to generate earnings way higher than Uber. In fact, it’s what I do for a living and I will gladly talk about it in this article.
Can you make good money driving with Uber?
Driving with Uber has multiple benefits, but the important thing is that you choose a path or career that makes you happy. Let’s see the benefits afforded by driving with Uber.
Benefits of driving for Uber
- Schedule flexibility
- You can work under your own terms
- You can do it as a part-time or Full Time if needed.
- Your earnings automatically get deposited every week.
- Special Discounts. You can get up to 15% off at Firestone, Maaco, Meineke, Midas, Jiffy Lube, Sears Auto Center, Valvoline, and Advance Auto Parts to replace your tires or to do a routine oil change
- Uber also has a referral and partnership incentive where you can receive a commission for your referral.
How to start driving with Uber? How does it work?
You can start working for Uber simply by creating an online account here. Then, you download their app to your smartphone and you can continue to conduct most tasks from there.
Through the app you receive driving directions, you can track how much you are getting paid and see any tips you may earn.
What is the first thing you should know?
First thing you should do is fill an application online. You need to include accurate information as Uber will utilize this to verify your identity.
Documentation that will need to furnished to complete your user profile.
- A copy/picture of your Driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Proof of vehicle insurance.
- Proof of residency.
- Authorize Uber to conduct a background check.
- Provide a profile picture.
- a. The picture needs to be the front of your face and needs to include the upper part of your shoulders.
- b. You cannot be wearing sunglasses and only your face needs to show and not someone else’s as well.
- c. You cannot use the same picture as your driver’s license or other printed picture you may have.
After you complete your user profile, you will need to fulfill the following requirements.
Requirements that need to be fulfilled to drive for Uber.
- Meet at least the minimum age requirement to drive in your city.
- You need to have at least one year of experience with a U.S. driver’s license (this increases to 3 years if you are under the age of 23)
- Have a valid U.S. Driver’s license.
- Be 19 years old or over if you would like to also deliver with UberEATS food delivery service (if UberEATS is available in your city)
- Must have 4 doors and be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers
- The model year has to be 2004 or newer
- The title cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt. (Note this is not required if you are doing UberEATS only)
- Rental vehicles are not allowed
- The vehicle cannot have any cosmetic damage, missing pieces, commercial branding or taxi paint jobs.
- Uber cannot approve a vehicle if the driver-partners name is not on the insurance document.
The Downside of driving with Uber
For many people, your earnings are not enough when factoring your car maintenance.
Some may think that driving for several hours a day is not a viable option.
Their compensation system leaves a lot to be desired. The company pays you for miles driven from the moment you pick up your passenger and until drop off. Many times, you will see yourself driving several miles just to reach where your passenger is, making you spend gas and time before getting paid.
On other occasions you will drop off your passenger far away from your regular work area, requiring you to spend gas and time getting back.
With that said, this does not mean Uber is not a good way to earn money, but I do believe there are other ways to be self-employed, that provide the same schedule flexibility but that have a better potential for higher income.
How Much does an Uber Driver Make on Average if they work Full Time
According to the people we have interviewed in the state of Indiana, we have the following information.
- You can earn between $500 and $700 weekly with a regular sedan.
- With an XL or Deluxe (classifications made by uber based on your vehicle) you can earn between $800 and $1,000 on a weekly basis.
How can you get the most from Uber Driver?
To optimize your earning potential, we recommend working in busy areas, like an airport, the downtown area of your city or town and places where live events are happening. This will increase your opportunities to complete more trips and as a result, earn more. We also believe the best days to work are weekends and sometimes even Thursday nights.
How Do You Get Paid?
Uber will direct deposit your earnings to the checking account of your choice. You will have to register it in your account. The deposits happen on a weekly basis and you will have the option to receive your earnings faster if you choose the “Cash Out” option.
If you are ready to drive with Uber you can start by registering Here
Now that you have your application completed how can you start working?
- You open the Uber Driver app and select go online.
- You will receive a notification to accept a trip and you will be able to choose to accept or decline.
- If you accept the trip the Uber driver app will guide you to your passenger’s location and after you pick them up, it will guide you to their destination.
- When the trip is completed, your passengers will be able to rate your service and possibly leave a tip.
| My personal recommendation |
Driving with Uber is a good way to generate extra income right away. We have talked about the benefits, especially for people looking for flexible schedules.
However, as I said before, the opportunities online are incredible nowadays. I know there is a lot of online scams, but with the right training and guidance you can also achieve success and you can start with little to no investment. A downside is that, different from Uber, is not fast money, an online business can take around 6 months to mature.But, as Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO say, Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.
What is the affiliate marketing business model?
What is affiliate marketing? It consists of promoting products and items from various online stores, like Amazon or eBay and earning a sales commission as a result. You do not need to be a salesman; you just need to be able to help people find products they are interested in and want to know more about.
You start earning passive income doing reviews or How To’s articles. This happens after your articles show up on the first page of search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo.
What I like about this type of business is that anyone can learn and you only need a PC and online access.
Like Germany Kent said, “If you never try, you’ll never know”.
What is the best part? That you can start doing it with a ZERO DOLLAR INVESTMENT. When I started myself, I asked what could I lose? Either way, I was searching for a way to work from home, so I made the jump and I don’t regret it.
You will need to invest time on it but it will turn out to be the best investment you have ever made, with the result being that you will become an online entrepreneur.
So, if creating your own online business is something that excites you, this is the first step. Click on the links below to find out what is all about it.
You may have heard the saying “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.” 🙂
I mentioned that this is what I do, right? but, how I do it? I do it by writing about something that I am passionate about. Sharing the hope of personal growth, sharing work alternatives that really work for people looking to be self-employed is all I live for. This line of business might be new to you, but there are already thousands taking action to become part of it.
Well, I hope I helped you to find out if you can really make money with Uber and how to start working with them right away. I would like you to fulfill your dreams and that you achieve working on something that generates passion for you.
Now, I would like you to share your experience. Have you ever been self-employed? Have you driven with Uber or Lyft? Would you like to know more about how to create your own online business? I would be happy to continue providing help, this is what I do and I love it!
I wish you the best of success. Until next time!